MAIN CABIN BUNKHOUSE – Currently open to single groups/family units, only. Single Group Pricing – $90 base price + $20 per person. At this time, the bunkhouse is available to a single Group/Family, maximum of twelve people. Groups will not be mixed at this time. The bunkhouse is hostel-style lodging, attached to the main cabin common area. The bunkhouse is not heated. No pets allowed in the main cabin or bunkhouse.
Currently accepting reservations through April 2022. During this time, the bunkhouse will rent as a unit to a single booking, not mixed groups.
UPPER CABIN – $90 base price + $20 per person Rents as a unit, and sleeps 12 people in bunkbeds. NOTE – Upper Cabin may be booked for the Months of May – October.
LEAN-TO SHELTERS – $20 per person 3 Shelters. Each lean-to sleeps 3 adults comfortably. Raised off the ground and enclosed on three sides, they are open air, yet wind-proof and dry. There are three shelters and they rent to you and your party only; we do not put others in with you.
Currently accepting reservations through April 2022.
BARR CAMP TENT CAMPING – $12 per person Camping on-site includes breakfast and you have the option of dinner for an additional charge. We do not have fire rings or fires on Barr Camp. You need to bring all of your own tenting equipment. Please check in upon arrival.
Currently accepting reservations through April 2022.
NATIONAL FOREST TENT CAMPING – No charge, donations welcome to help cover restroom and camp use. You can camp anywhere in the national forest for no charge, but you do not have the option of meals. You need to be self-sufficient, and follow the Leave No-Trace Principles. You are responsible for bear-proof food storage (a good option here). We cannot store your gear/food while you hike. If you plan to camp near us please check in upon arrival and we will direct you to sites in the area. You are welcome to use our composting toilets.
Important Reservation Notes
Dogs – Well behaved dogs are welcome in camp as long as they are under control at all times and on a leash. Please do not allow your dogs inside the main cabin, bunkhouse, upper cabin, or lean-to shelters. If you plan to stay the night at Barr Camp with your dog, please reserve a tent-site. Please clean up after your dog. While Barr Camp is dog-friendly, we remain respectful of those with allergens or a fear of dogs. In order to maintain the cleanliness of our facilities as well as protect the longevity of our hard-to-obtain mattresses we allow overnight with dogs only in your own tent.
Gear storage – For our on-site guests with a paid reservation, we can store your gear for you while you hike. Your gear must be retrieved the same day. For longer storage or off-site visitors you need to make your own storage plans.
Food Storage – We do not have refrigerated storage for food. We do have a place for our guests to store their food overnight in our bear proof locker.
Late arrivals / Early departures – For the comfort of everyone, if you are arriving after 9:00pm we ask that you reserve a lean-to or tent site and know where it is before you arrive. Please arrive quietly. For those that want to leave before breakfast we ask that you also consider a lean-to or tent site. Please depart quietly.
Very young/restless children – Again, for the comfort of other guests, please reserve a lean-to or tent site.
Reservation lead time – Reservation requests should be made a minimum of 48-hours prior to your stay, and the earlier you request a reservation the better your chances of availability. Reservations made after that time frame may not be processed. If you arrive without a reservation, be prepared to hike back down the trail as we do not have overflow options.
- Meals are only available to overnight guests with a prepaid reservation.
Breakfast is included and served at 7:00 am sharp.
- Pikes Peak Power Pancakes and hot drinks at 7:00 am included with your reservation at no additional charge.
- We are not able to hold breakfast for late arrivals, set an alarm so you don’t miss out!
Dinner must be reserved ($10 per person) and is served at 6:00 pm sharp, Wednesday – Sunday
- Spaghetti Dinner is an additional $10 and is available by reservation to overnight guests
- We are not able to hold meals, or refund for a missed meal. Please leave the trailhead with plenty of time to arrive for dinner. It is best to plan your arrival by 4:00pm.
- Usually spaghetti and homemade garlic bread
- We do not serve dinner on Monday-Tuesday nights
- You can purchase a dehydrated meal from us for dinner on Monday and Tuesday nights.
Cooking your own meals / allergies
- If you want to cook your own meals – Please bring all of your own provisions including: cook stove, pots, utensils, and cleanup items. Sorry, we do not have stoves or kitchen facilities available.
- If you have have allergies or special diet please verify the ingredients before you reserve your meal. We are unable to alter our recipes for special diets so you may need to provide your own meals.
More information on Lodging
MAIN CABIN BUNK HOUSE
The bunkhouse has seventeen mattresses with seven of them in two lofts.
For 2021: We are currently accepting reservations through September. During this time, the bunkhouse will rent as a unit to a single booking, not mixed groups.
The bunkhouse is attached to the main cabin common area where meals are served and guests and hikers spend time relaxing. The bunkhouse has a woodstove available for nighttime use during freezing temperatures. Caretakers will provide direction and wood during these occasions.
This separate cabin rents as a unit and sleeps 12 people in bunk-beds. There is a woodstove available for use during freezing temperatures. Caretakers will provide direction and wood during these occasions. If you are cooking your own meals you will need your own cookstove, utensils, and pots. Please carry out your own waste.
Also known as A-Frames or Adirondack shelters, we have three lean-to shelters. They are raised off the ground and enclosed on three sides; the lean-to shelters are open air yet wind-proof and dry. Equipped with mattresses, they sleep three adults comfortably. Tents are not allowed in our lean-to’s.
Please Note: Do not confuse our shelters with the A-Frame shelter located at timberline. That structure is also available for camping but is NOT part of Barr Camp and is first come, first serve.
BARR CAMP TENT CAMPING – $12 per person
Camping on-site includes breakfast and you have the option of dinner for an additional charge. We do not have fire rings or fires on Barr Camp. You need to bring all of your own tenting equipment. Please check in upon arrival.
NATIONAL FOREST TENT CAMPING
No charge, donations welcome You can camp anywhere in the national forest for no charge, but you do not have the option of meals. You need to be self-sufficient, and follow the Leave No-Trace Principles. You are responsible for bear-proof food storage. We cannot store your gear/food while you hike. If you plan to camp near us please check in upon arrival and we will direct you to sites in the area.
Meals Meals are available to overnight guests only. Breakfast is included; dinner reservations need to be made in advance.
- 7:00 am Breakfast – All you can eat Pikes Peak Power Pancakes, (Neal’s scratch recipe, no Bisquick in these stick to your ribs ‘cakes!) hot coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
- 6:00 pm Dinner – You do not want to be late! All you can eat spaghetti, sauce from scratch, and our famous “Switchback Garlic Bread” – these are the switchbacks you WANT to see! Drinks on your own. Prepared dinner is not available on Monday and Tuesday nights; dehydrated meals are available any time we are open, 7am – 7pm.