MAIN CABIN BUNKHOUSE – $33 per person 15 mattresses. Bunks rent individually, hostel style lodging, attached to the main cabin common area. No pets allowed in the main cabin or bunkhouse.
UPPER CABIN – $90 base price + $20 per person Rents as a unit and sleeps 12 people in bunkbeds. NOTE – Upper Cabin may be booked for the Months of May – October.
LEAN-TO SHELTERS – $20 per person 3 Shelters. Each lean-to sleeps 3 adults comfortably. Raised off the ground and enclosed on three sides, they are open air, yet wind-proof and dry. There are three shelters and they rent to you and your party only; we do not put others in with you.
BARR CAMP TENT CAMPING – $12 per person Camping on-site includes breakfast and you have the option of dinner for an additional charge. We do not have fire rings or fires on Barr Camp. You need to bring all of your own tenting equipment. Please check in upon arrival.
NATIONAL FOREST TENT CAMPING – No charge, donations welcome You can camp anywhere in the national forest for no charge, but you do not have the option of meals. You need to be self-sufficient, and follow the Leave No-Trace Principles. You are responsible for bear-proof food storage. We cannot store your gear/food while you hike. If you plan to camp near us please check in upon arrival and we will direct you to sites in the area.
Important Reservation Notes
Dogs – Well behaved dogs are welcome in camp as long as they are under control at all times. Please do not allow your dogs inside the main cabin, bunkhouse, upper cabin, or leantos. Please leash your dog. If you plan to stay the night at Barr Camp with your dog, you need a tent site. Please clean up after your dog.
Gear storage – For our on-site guests with a paid reservation we can store your gear for you while you hike. Your gear must be retrieved the same day. For longer storage or off-site visitors you need to make your own storage plans. FOOD STORAGE – We do not have refrigerated storage for food. We do have a place for our guests to store their food overnight in our bear proof canister.
Late arrivals / Early departures – For the comfort of everyone, if you are arriving after 9:00pm we ask that you reserve a lean-to or tent site and know where it is before you arrive. Please arrive quietly. For those that want to leave before breakfast we ask that you also consider a lean-to or tent site. Please depart quietly.
Very young/restless children – Again, for the comfort of other guests, please reserve a lean-to or tent site.
Reservation lead time – Please make your reservation at least two days prior to your stay at a minimum. We require time to coordinate with you. The more time before your stay the better chance of getting your requested date/bunk. Reservations closer than two days may not get the meals/bunks requested.
You did not receive request reply/bill/email from us – Three common problems:
- You made a typo in your email on the original request form
- Your company, educational, or government server has us blocked
- Your junk email/spam filter dumps our emails to your junk email folder
Send us an email using a corrected/different address and we will resend your information
Your overnight stay at Barr Camp includes breakfast, dinner is optional. Meals are only available to overnight guests with a prepaid reservation.
Breakfast – Served at 7:00 am sharp.
- We are not able to hold breakfast for late arrivals. Bring an alarm clock if needed.
- Pikes Peak Power Pancakes and hot drinks
- Included in your paid overnight reservation
Dinner – Served at 6:00 pm sharp.
- Cost is $10 and is available by reservation to overnight guests
- We are not able to hold meals, or refund for a missed meal. Please leave the trailhead with plenty of time to arrive for dinner. It is best to plan your arrival by 4:00pm.
- Usually spaghetti and homemade garlic bread
- We do not serve dinner on Monday-Tuesday nights
- Dehydrated meals – For Monday and Tuesday night meals we have dehydrated meals available for purchase.
Cooking your own meals / allergies
- If you want to cook your own meals – Please bring all of your own provisions including: cook stove, pots, utensils, and cleanup items. Sorry, we do not have stoves or kitchen facilities available.
- If you have have allergies or special diet please verify the ingredients before you reserve your meal. We are unable to alter our recipes for special diets so you may need to provide your own meals.
More information on Lodging
MAIN CABIN BUNK HOUSE
The bunkhouse has fifteen mattresses with six of them in two lofts. Bunks rent individually, hostel style. Attached to the main cabin common area where meals are served and guests and hikers spend time relaxing. Some heat during day but not at night. You may be surprised at how warm you stay in your sleeping bag, but if cool nights are not for you then summer is your best option.
This separate cabin rents as a unit and sleeps 12 people in bunk-beds. There is a wood stove for heat but we ask for your help in conserving the wood which we have available. If you are cooking your own meals you will need your own cookstove, untensils, pots, and carry out your own waste.
Also known as A-Frames or Adirondack shelters, we have three lean-to shelters. They are raised off the ground and enclosed on three sides; the lean-to shelters are open air yet wind-proof and dry. Equipped with mattresses, they sleep three adults comfortably. Please do not put up your tent in our lean-to’s. Please do not confuse our shelters with the A-Frame shelter located at timberline. That structure is also available for camping but is NOT part of Barr Camp.
BARR CAMP TENT CAMPING – $12 per person
Camping on-site includes breakfast and you have the option of dinner for an additional charge. We do not have fire rings or fires on Barr Camp. You need to bring all of your own tenting equipment. Please check in upon arrival.
NATIONAL FOREST TENT CAMPING
– No charge, donations welcome You can camp anywhere in the national forest for no charge, but you do not have the option of meals. You need to be self-sufficient, and follow the Leave No-Trace Principles. You are responsible for bear-proof food storage. We cannot store your gear/food while you hike. If you plan to camp near us please check in upon arrival and we will direct you to sites in the area.
Meals Meals are available to overnight guests only. Breakfast is included; dinner reservations need to be made in advance.
- 7:00 am Breakfast – All you can eat Pikes Peak Power Pancakes, (Neal’s scratch recipe, no Bisquick in these stick to your ribs ‘cakes!) hot coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
- 6:00 pm Dinner – You do not want to be late! All you can eat spaghetti, sauce from scratch, and our famous “Switchback Garlic Bread” – these are the switchbacks you WANT to see! Drinks on your own. Prepared dinner is not available on Monday and Tuesday nights; dehydrated meals are available any time we are open, 7am – 7pm.